What is behind the explosion of online video growth?
There is no denying it: it’s a rapidly evolving, fast-paced world out there. Nowhere is this more evident than in the world of online marketing, where yesterday’s hot, fresh concepts are tomorrow’s cold, stale news.
If you aren’t keeping up, you are destined to be left behind—and possibly out of business.
Online Video Viewing Spike
- One of the most noteworthy online trends of the past several years is the massive growth in online video viewing.
- In the year 2009, the average annual video views per user jumped from 101 to 187— nearly double the views and viewing time of the year before.
- MediaTel, a leading mobile analytics firm, reports: “YouTube mobile traffic tripled during 2010 to 200 million views a day.”
Why Online Video?
We here at Gearshift are fond of anthropology and psychology only so far as they affect our online strategy. We have a few guesses (echoed by 1,000 or so experts):
- Increased Mobile Access: More and more individuals have access to online content more of the time. Through devices like the iPhone, online video is accessible anytime, anywhere.
- Economy: The increased tightening of our proverbial belts has seen its effect not only across the country, but across the world. The bottom line is that online video affords a bit of free entertainment—and lately, if it’s free, the price is definitely right.
Get Your Business Online Video Exposure
Gearshift can help ensure that your business benefits from the cutting edge brand building power of online video. For more information, give us a call at 877.477.STUDIO. A dedicated web video professional will help to uncover and implement your online video strategy today.
Be sure to order a FREE copy of the report, Nine Nifty Tips for Effective Video Clips.