Web video continues to be a crucial component of a successful SEO campaign. So, before you even think about making a video for your small business, be sure you've hammered out your campaign goals.
Sujan Patel over at Search Engine Journal recently wrote a blog where he stressed that those interested in video marketing must fine tune their web video campaign goals before they begin making videos. Patel suggests that anyone making a web video choose from the following list of motivations before they start shooting. Ask yourself, are you looking to:
- Snag high-ranking video spots within Google's blended search results?
- Capture the interest of busy web users who prefer video to text-based articles?
- Show off a product that's best captured with video?
- Create a YouTube channel that attracts potential clients or customers and earns income via ad revenue?
- Attempt to create viral videos that allow you to build a large online following?
It's Time for Action
Now that you've narrowed down your goals, it's time to decide what action you need to take to make your goals a reality. For example, if you are looking to make money through YouTube advertising, it's important that you focus your efforts on YouTube; posting your videos to other websites won't do you any good. You'll need to focus on encouraging viewers to subscribe to your channel and share your videos.
If you want to rank higher on Google, your strategy will be different. While you should still use YouTube, you may want to post your video on other video-hosting sites. Also, it will be important that you optimize your videos and embed them on your site and blog.
For more information on how to achieve your web video goals, please call 703.962.1270. Our DC web video production team would love to help you not only achieve your goals, but exceed them.