This month, we have been talking about how watching others’ YouTube videos and leaving comments can help you get more profile views, video views, and channel subscriptions—if you do it right. Here are a few quick tips for how you can make YouTube comments that help your online video marketing plan:
- Comment on relevant videos. You won’t be reaching your ideal audience if you comment on Justin Bieber videos. Look for videos related to your industry and field that get lots of good traffic.
- Include information about who you are in your signature. Don’t be afraid to share who you are and what you do—include some information about yourself in your comment and consider linking to a video of yours, if it is relevant.
- Share your expertise. More people will click on your user name if your comment shows that you are knowledgeable in the area and might have even more information to share. Comment on enough videos in your field, and you will establish yourself as an authority on the subject in the YouTube community.
- Say something relevant. You won’t get great results if your comment is simply, “This was an interesting video.” Instead, share what you think was important about the video, something that the video didn’t cover, or your differing opinion on the video.
- Consider making a reply video. If you find a high-traffic video in your industry—or possibly a controversial video—consider taking the time to make a reply video instead of just leaving a comment. These videos can get you lots of great traffic and a lot of new viewers.
Do you need assistance in making your business’ YouTube channel bigger, better, and more effective? Call Gearshift TV today to learn more about our services: 703-962-1270.