Let Gearshift TV in Northern Virginia Take Care of Your Photography Needs
What is the most important part of a great photo? It's where you point the camera, not how fancy your gear is. Jim Folliard has 20 years of experience capturing moments that his clients can keep forever. Not only do we have the latest and most advanced cameras, lenses, flashes and editing software, we have the "eye".
At Gearshift we have over 20 years of photography experience in just about every genre of photography.
Our photography and videography packages are customizable and negotiable so call one of our representatives today to develop your package.
Blog for Photography
- A Professional Photographer Shouldn't Have a "Bad Day"
- Why Still Photography May Still Be Important for Your Business
- An Awkward Headshot Won't Show You in Your Best Light
- Did Your Photographer Mess Up? You Can't Recapture the Moment
- Why You Need a Creative Fairfax Photographer in the Digital Age
- A Photographer Needn't Be Restricted to Your Law Office
- You Can Recycle the Photographs You Use in Your Video
- Create Great Product Pictures for Your Northern Virginia Business
- You Don't Need the “Next Hot Director” to Shoot Your Law Firm's Video
- Different Camera Equipment Has Different Effects for Business Photos
- Three Creative Places to Include Your Business Photographs
- Why Diverse Experience is Important for a DC Business Photographer
- Three Questions to Ask and Answers to Expect From a DC Photographer
- Is a Fairfax Professional Photographer on Your Company’s Guest List?
- How Do You Know if You Have Hired the Right DC Event Photographer?
- The Power of Photography in Marketing for DC Businesses
- Simple Steps to Better Photography
Library for Photography:
- A Photographer Should Be Well-Equipped for the Demands of the Event
If you expect a difficult photo shoot, you should hire an experienced photographer who can cope with unforeseen challenges and not panic. Learn more here.
- A Good Promotional Website Includes Headshots, Product Shots, and Other Types of Photographs
Depending on how you're using your website, you'll want to include pictures of yourself, your product, your customers, and even the events you've attended.
- Three Ways Online Photography is Different than Traditional Prints
Find out how online photos are different than traditional photos and how a professional Fairfax photography can help you help your business with photography.
- Even a Simple Headshot Requires the Services of an Experienced Photographer
Only trust your headshot to an experienced professional photographer, or you may be disappointed. Give our Fairfax photographers a call if you need help.
- A Professional Photographer Should Be Prompt, Dependable, and Courteous
A hired photographer should show up on time, be courteous to guests, and deliver the goods within the specified time frame. Give us a call if you need help.
- A Professional Fairfax Photographer Can Help You Get the Photos You Need This Holiday Season
Find out three types of pictures that you don’t want to miss this holiday season and how to reach a Fairfax photographer to help capture those photos.
- A Professional Photographer Can Document Your Ceremony, Both in Pictures and on Video
By hiring a professional photographer, you can capture the best pictures and videos from the events you attend—and you'll own all the rights.
- Your Law Firm Video Can Include Still Photographs of Partners and Staff
Just because it's called a “video” doesn't mean it can't include still photographs, usually of your law firm's staff or home office.
- What You Take Pictures of May Be More Important Than How They Are Taken
What pictures are you including on your website and in your marketing materials? Learn why it matters and how to contact a Northern Virginia photographer.
- The Right Photographer Can Make or Break a Law Firm's Videos
Hiring the right photographer (or videographer) is the first step in making a successful video to promote your law firm on YouTube.
- How to Take Better Pictures for Your Website and When to Call a D.C. Photographer
Learn three tips for taking better photos for your website and when you should call an experienced Fairfax photographer to help you get better pictures.
- Professional Fairfax Photographers Help You Achieve the Website Photography Visitors Want
Learn three reasons why website visitors want to see pictures on your website and how a Washington, D.C. photographer can help you with the right photographs.
- Why the Most Advanced Photo Equipment Can’t Replace a Professional DC Business Photographer
Learn three reasons why you should consider hiring a professional business photographer in Northern Virginia for your Washington, DC business photo needs.
- Why You Need Professional DC Photographer to Photograph Professional Events
Learn 3 reasons why it is important to hire a professional DC-area business photographer to photograph your business events and how to contact one today.
- Learn 4 Types of Photos to Include in Your DC-Area Business Marketing and 4 Places to Put Them
Learn different photos to include when marketing your DC-area business, where to use the pictures, and how to contact a professional business photographer.
- Good Photography Can Make or Break your Real Estate Business
Virginia photography specialists at Gearshift can help you realize the benefits of using photography to promote your real estate business.
- Hiring the Right Photographer for Your DC Area Event
Your business event is one of the most important items in your calendar year, and good event photographers understand that. Read this article to learn more.
- Benefits of Photography in Marketing for DC Businesses
Gearshift will help you realize the benefits of using original photography in your marketing materials. Contact Gearshift at 877-477-STUDIO to plan for a package that meets your specific needs.
- Professional photography will enhance your Reston business website.
In this world of information saturation, a picture can be worth a thousand words. Gearshift can provide stunning photos that set your website apart from the rest. While on our website, be sure to order your FREE copy of renowned Reston Web Video Producer Jim Folliard’s new book, Nine Nifty Tips for Effective Video Clips.
- Film vs. Digital Photography
Learn why the pros aren’t sold on digital and why this debate won’t be resolved in the near future. For assistance with your photography needs, contact Gearshift TV, by calling 877.477.STUDIO or filling out our online form.
Frequent Questions for Photography:
- I'd like to put a candid, humorous shot of myself on my company's website. Is that okay?
- I have a limited marketing budget for my Washington D.C. business. Should I consider video or photography?
- I hired a photographer for my event, and the pictures and videos he took were completely unusable. What can I do to rectify the situation?
- If film photography is best, why should I use digital photography for my Virginia business?
- Does still photography have a place in my product promotion marketing?
- I want to take still pictures to include in my law firm's video. What kind of digital camera should I buy?
- What will I get if I hire you as a photographer for my Fairfax business?
- My partner wants me to hire his son, who just graduated from film school, to shoot our law firm's videos. Is this a good idea?
- What equipment do I need if I am going to add pictures to my business website?
- Is it important to interview a DC business photographer before hiring a photographer for my business? What should we talk about in the interview? Aren’t all photographers essentially the same?
- Why can’t I just upload pictures from my cellphone to my business website like I do for my personal Facebook page? Do I really need a Washington, DC, professional photographer to add photos to my website?
- Does Gearshift photograph headshots?
- Does Gearshift photograph D.C. area business events?
- What can I expect at your Northern Virginia photo studio?
- What types of DC events does Gearshift photograph?
- Does Gearshift TV provide photography services to DC businesses?