In a way, YouTube currently runs the world. As time goes on, the video uploading website continues to gain a larger and larger presence in the music world, the TV world, and now - even the business world. YouTube provides a free video platform that guarantees what many marketing strategies lack: a huge audience and widespread visibility to anyone with access to a computer. Nowadays, it is easier than ever for small businesses to gain visibility through YouTube in the same way that young, talented musical artists are achieving success in the music industry simply by posting videos of themselves on the internet.
Smart business owners know that video is no longer a medium solely for large corporations. Small companies now have the ability to market their services to millions of web users across the globe. Web video production has become easier and more affordable than ever. The creation of the World Wide Web changed the way companies market their products and services, and now web video is changing the way those same companies reach their target audience. The numbers speak for themselves.
Read these statistics on YouTube traffic, taken from the website itself:
- 72 hours of video are uploaded every minute, or more than one hour of video is uploaded to YouTube every second.
- Over 4 billion videos are viewed a day.
- Over 800 million unique users visit YouTube each month.
- More video is uploaded to YouTube in one month than the 3 major US networks created in 60 years.
- 70% of YouTube traffic comes from outside the US.
- YouTube is localized in 43 countries and across 60 languages.
- In 2011, Youtube had more than 1 trillion views of almost 140 views for every person on earth.
- 500 years of YouTube video are watched every day on Facebook.
- 100 million people take social action on YouTube (likes, shares, comments, etc) every week.
- An auto-shared tweet results in 6 new youtube.com sessions on average, and we see more than 500 tweets per minute containing a YouTube link.
- Millions of subscriptions happen each day. Subscriptions allow you to compare with someone you're interested in - whether it's a friend, or the NBA - and keep up on their activity on the site.
- More than 50% of videos on YouTube have been rated or include comments from the community.
- Millions of videos are favorited every day.
YouTube ranked the highest with an average of 100 million (unique) viewers watching video content each month on YouTube. Facebook is ranked third with nearly 30 million average viewers of video content monthly on the social media site. Still not convinced? See what our company has to say about web video.
To find out more about how you can effectively use web video to reach those who are looking for your product or service online, we are here to help. Call us today at 703.962.1270 to get started.