These days, some of the most “viral” videos on YouTube are those pertaining to a major news story. For example, look at the footage of that horrific crash the day before the Daytona 500 or the meteor strike that rattled windows in Siberia. While the raw footage of these news stories understandably garners the most attention, YouTube enthusiasts are also interested in “takes” on these events by experts—including scientists, lawyers, and politicians. And this is where Gearshift can help with your video strategy!
You Need to Be Ready at a Moment's Notice to Capitalize on a News Story
If you're a lawyer specializing in truck accidents, it will do you no good to wait two whole days after a huge, multi-vehicle truck accident to post a video explaining why these accidents happen and what can be done to prevent them. You need to:
- Drop everything you're doing the instant you hear about the accident, and figure out a helpful (and tasteful) way to express your views on YouTube.
- Come up with an off-the-cuff script to use during your presentation. You can't afford to spend a day doing multiple takes!
- Have the phone number of a reliable video studio at hand, which can send a cameraperson out to film you at your office (or where you can drop in yourself to shoot your video).
- Quickly edit down your video into a bite-sized chunk. People captivated by a news event don't want to sit for five minutes as you deliver your spiel.
- Tag, annotate, and upload your video to YouTube, where it will hopefully show up on the first page of results for a search string related to the news event (say, “Pennsylvania truck crash”).
Remember: Speed Is of the Essence When Commenting on a News Story
In today's 24-hour news cycle, very few news events are noteworthy enough to dominate the headlines for more than a day or two (although truly horrific ones, like the Newtown grade-school massacre, persist for weeks). If you want to promote yourself or your services in the wake of a major news story, you need to hit the ground running—and the video production experts at Gearshift can help. Call us today at 703-962-1270 to find out what we can do for you!