A recently completed survey by Total Beauty Media Group looked at the habits of women who watch online videos. The results of the survey may surprise you and may be important to your future video production efforts. Specifically, the survey found that:
- Women age 34 and older are not yet watching online videos on their mobile devices in large numbers. Specifically, 70% of the women surveyed owned smartphones capable of playing videos, but only 15% of women used their phones to watch videos. Instead, women age 34 and older were much more likely to use desktop or laptop computers over phones or tablets.
- About 50% of all women who participated said they will watch up to 10 minutes of online video a day. According to the study, 21% of the women said they would watch up to 30 minutes a day if the video was interesting.
- YouTube was the most popular place for women to watch videos. Sixty percent of the women aged 25-34 subscribe to at least one YouTube channel.
- The most popular types of videos watched were “how to” or informational videos. Sixty percent of those surveyed use video tutorials instead of how-to tutorials in print publications.
- Women prefer free online videos to paid video content.
Our Fairfax video producers hope that this information is helpful to our clients who seek to reach women with online video advertising in 2013, and we wish everyone marketing via online video continued success with this exciting marketing method.